Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A ranting of thanks ;D

I wanted a post one of those annoyingly fun questionnaires, but I couldn't find one. So instead, I'm gonna ramble. ^^

I want to be a professional blogger. I would think that would be incredibly fun and get paid for it. ^^

I just read one of the most enlightening pieces on Afterellen, and I feel like it would be something I would post. So I'm gonna write my own version of it.

Change. We voted for it. We dug through our pockets for it. We search our couches for it. We seek it. 

I remember sitting right behind Barack Obama in March 2008, and I soaked up every word he had to say. It was great. It was awesome. Though we're sitting here today, wondering what's going on, I think it just takes some time for things to settle and for the criticisms to become positive. We live in a liberal media, so deal with it. 

What essentially I want to get to is... me. Don't kid yourself. haha

I hated Muncie, IN so much that I wanted to get out as soon as possible. I want to cut ties and everything, but it's home. I can't do that. 

I got out of high school a year early because I hated it. I didn't fit in. I don't know exactly why. I have all the credentials and all the qualifications to have friends and be part of their little posses. But I didn't. I don't exactly know why, and I don't care anymore, honestly. 

Some of these people still wiggle their way into your life. Those friends at home, I miss you all. I really wish I can hang out with you guys when I come home, but my life is fucked up. I'm sorry to let you down. I'm so glad things finally ease between us. I've always cared for some of you, those of you. And I want to thank you for still being here for me when I'm having a bad day at IU. You're 2 hours away, but only a text message or facebook chat away. 

So i got to college, and I'm almost done with my freshman year. Things are so different here. And I really appreciate all the change and all the freedom. 

I get to be who I am, and what I want. Not all people accept or appreciate that, but it's okay. I understand that people don't always agree with another. But at least respect what others for who they are. It matters not what ideology they support, just support the person. 

I am having a great time here. I've learned life lessons the hard way, and I'll know to appreciate it down the line. I've made my mistakes, I've fucked my ups. And in the end, it makes me a better person. 

I want to give a big hug and thanks to everyone who I've trampled over in the meantime, and still sticking by my side. This place is crazy. And I'm dealing. 

Life is just a bunch of twists and turns, and we can plan and plan, but it will never go the way we want. People will never do the things we want them to do. But "it's the people who keeps us going". It's my people. In my breakdowns, in my messes, there's always people here who would tell me it's okay. It's gonna be fine. Take it one step at a time. Thanks guys. ^^

Cheesy? Of course. But thanks for all the little lessons I've learned. I wish things would go my way once in a while, but hell, it's life. 



Thanks for keeping me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment